DFW AIRPORT, Texas, March 10, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Nearly 3.5 million customers are expected to travel through Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport during the spring break travel season, and each of them will experience a refreshed travel experience.
“DFW is an important part of the customer journey, and we want to help families and students make their spring break memorable by offering the best in customer service,” said Ken Buchanan, Executive Vice President of Revenue Management. “We are excited to warmly welcome these 21st century travelers with new restaurants, retail options, modern amenities and technological enhancements.”
Travelers flying out of Terminal A will be welcomed with a brand-new experience, as all customer-facing renovations are now complete. The improvements have added more space for dining and retail, as well as technology enhancements to make travel through DFW easier and more enjoyable.
Spring break travelers who park at DFW Terminal Parking can receive two (2) additional days of free parking if they stay at least five (5) days at the regular daily rate. To qualify, customers must enter Terminal Parking anytime between March 3 and 19. DFW will also implement its Guest and Luggage Assistance program at curbside and in garage locations at all terminals.
While in the terminals, spring break travelers are also encouraged to visit one of the many new restaurants at DFW, including Chick-Fil-A, CRÚ Wine Bar, Lorena Garcia Tapas y Cocina, The Italian Kitchen, Stampede 66, Whitetail Bistro, and more. In addition, countless boutique and name-brand stores have recently opened at DFW, including Jo Malone, MAC, Aveda, InMotion, Longchamp, Gepetto’s Toys, and more.
To ensure a stress-free and joyful travel experience, DFW is offering the following spring break travel tips:
- Download the DFW Airport Mobile App to access tailored information for your particular journey through DFW, including intuitive wayfinding functionalities, interactive maps, custom flight information, and simple yet powerful search capabilities. The DFW Airport Mobile App is available as a free download for Apple Watch, Apple iOS (iTunes) and Android (Google Play Store) mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
- Leave early and arrive at least two hours before your departure time to ensure ample time to park, check-in, clear security, and arrive at your departure gate. This will enable a stress-free travel experience and allow time to explore the shopping, dining and services at DFW.
- DFW Airport Parking is closer, faster and smarter for passengers originating from the Dallas Fort Worth region. With Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Learn more at www.DFWAirport.com/Parking.
- Passengers can speed the security process by joining trusted traveler programs such as TSA Pre?® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
- Pack lightly and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than three ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.
- International travelers can speed their entry into DFW by downloading the Mobile Passport Control app from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which allows users to enter their declaration information electronically and bypass the Customs waiting queues.
About Dallas Fort Worth International Airport:Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport earned the distinction of the best large airport in North America for customer service in 2016 from Airports Council International. DFW Airport warmly welcomes more than 65 million customers along their journey every year, elevating DFW to a status as one of the most frequently visited superhub airports in the world DFW Airport customers can choose among 163 domestic and 55 international nonstop destinations worldwide. DFW is elevating the customer experience with modernized facilities and updated amenities, as well as through a $2.7 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program. Centered between its owner cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW Airport also serves as a major economic generator for the North Texas region, producing over $37 billion in economic impact each year by connecting people through business and leisure travel. For more information, visit the DFW web site.
SOURCE DFW International Airport